Friday, May 3, 2013

Why Can't People Be Happy For Each Other?

My little boys are sarcastic, funny, and above all there own men, which makes me a very happy mama. They may be a little effeminate but i think it will make them better husbands and fathers when the time comes. What matters most to me is that they are happy and being themselves. My husband is a sensitive man and i love it, i think i am a very lucky women to have a man who is sensitive to my feelings and goes above and beyond to make me feel special and needed.

I can't tell you how many women tell me that i am going to make my boys gay by cuddling, kissing and being sensitive to there feelings too much. Can you believe this? How can you give your boys to many kisses? I may lose some of my readers, or piss some of you off but I'm going to say something that i truly believe 100%. You can't make someone gay, and if you believe that you are idiotic.

My husband and i didn't go the all blue way with the boys, color didn't matter to us. Its the same thing with toys So when we showed up for a Easter party and my son had a pink binky, shit hit the fan because i was going to make my boy gay because he was wearing pink or using something made for a girl. People also got bent out of shape because my boy wanted to play with the other kids who happened to be playing my little pony and dolls.

Needless to say i almost got in a fight, we didn't see these people any longer. Some of them were friends and some were family, it didn't matter. After going through to much shit as a kid and teenager i look at life like this: If you bring stress, unkind words or dishonesty to my life or my kids, i will cut your ass out. I don't care if we are close friends or family. That my sound harsh or even terrible, but i have put up with to much of it in my life, i know how it feels to put up with it on a daily basis. I love my children to much to make them feel bad for being themselves or wanting to do something that will make them happy.  If your not bringing something positive to my life or my kids, you don't deserve to be a part of it and you know what? My life is pretty fucking wonderful!  

Why is this even an issue? Why can't other people just be happy for you, be happy your children are healthy and love life? In my opinion there is already to much stress and unhappy situations in life, why create more unnecessarily.

In one of my last posts i said something like.. my oldest is either going to be gay when he gets older or the most sensitive and sweetest heterosexual men alive. I got a decent amount of shit for writing this. I said this half joking, I honestly don't care either way. My son will be four in a month. I think it is to young to tell and really i just want him to be happy.

My boys are smart. We don't have a lot of money, but we have a lot of love for each other and my husband and i dote upon our kids. They know the things they like and the things they don't. They are not afraid to do something even if it may make them look silly as long as it will make them happy or laugh. So what if my oldest boy likes to take candle lit baths with juice in a fancy glass, don't you? He also likes tools and trucks. Why should it have to be gender specific?

"Gender rolls" can suck it. I want my kids to be well rounded people. My husband knows a lot about wine and great food, i don't. I can fall a tree and fix almost anything wrong with our car, he can't. I want our boys to know and feel comfortable doing all these things. I want them to be happy and knowledgeable. I don't want them to feel confined to some stereo typical role or life whether they are gay or straight.

I'm going to support my boys 100% no matter what as long as they are doing something that makes them happy. If it makes you feel good i believe you should do it. I don't have any issues with this as long as your not hurting yourself or someone else in the process.

If you pissed off by this you should stop reading my blog. For those of you who have sent me mean or hurtful messages please stop reading my blog or at least have the decency to stop writing rude comments. Your wasting your time, my mind is made up your not going to change it. I am happy with the life i have made for myself and family.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad I found this post on my newsfeed! I agree with you, if someone thinks you can make your child gay are fucking stupid!!!!!!! I really can't stress that enough. I also have a son who will be 4 in July. He is the sweetest boy I have ever met. He loves kisses and hugs from him Mama! He likes to play with whatever he likes to play with. I will NEVER tell him that he's playing with a girl toy. Same thing goes for my daughter. Sometimes he will let his Sissy dress him up. If anyone has a problem with that, they can kiss my ass! Crap, I'm getting all worked up here. LOL.. anyway, thanks for posting this. If you do lose a follower or 2, then screw them. This is your blog not theirs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support Bad Word Mama!

      Delete
  2. I can't believe in this day, in Portland, you've got people in your life who are worried about you making your boys gay. Who gave you shit? There's no comments on the post below. Fancy glasses and candlelit bath? That's freakin' James Bond old school cool right there. Just looking at those pictures, I would be thrilled to have one of your boys marry my daughter. Or my son. Either way, what a catch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Therese! Yes, in Portland, i am sad to say there are still ignorant people who deserve to get punched in the junk. I had some family say some stuff (my family sucks, that's one of the reasons i wanted my own)and i had some messages people sent me on my FB page.

      Its funny you mentioning James Bond, my boys love him. I have been meaning to write a post about it, so thank you again for that and your support.

      Delete