Friday, February 22, 2013

Grey

I recently saw a old friend, who i hadn't seen in close to 6 years. I was so incredibly excited to see her, but i was a little ambivalent at the same time. This girl and i used to party, we used to stay up all night, every night. Do wild and crazy shit just cause we could.

A lot has changed for me since i last saw her, not only have i grown up(lol, not really, but close). I have gotten married and had two kids. I am not the skinny, young bitch i once was. I don't stay up all night partying. I stay up all night tending to sick kids, or dealing with my bullshit insomnia.

What i am getting to is this, this girl has not changed. She is gorgeous and single and young. I had some reservations. I wasn't sure if we would still get along, understand each other as we once did. So, with a little hesitation i grabbed my most flattering fat pants, a cute shirt, threw my hair up and decided to go meet with her.

It was amazing, we had such a blast. I am so glad i went out with her, it was a small reminder of things to come when the kids get older, when Workin Man Mama has a little more time on her hands. She didn't even mention my gained weight, she did however point something out that's way worse then my fat ass. My GREY HAIR!

Her words: "Wow, look at you all grey and shit"

I think i would have prefer "Wow, your ass has gotten huge!"

I think she brought it up knowing full well what my reaction would be. I got my first grey hair when i was 18, yes 18 and she made horrible fun of me then. My husband and kids have not been kind to my hair. Do i need to have it dyed? Yes. Do i dye it? No, not regularly enough apparently. My mom and grandpa are both completely grey, they don't dye there hair. In fact my mom looks scarily like a witch, especially when she throws her head back when she laughs.

 This is what scares me and this is why my friend brought it up! I don't want to look like a witch, but i do have the grey hair and i do throw my head back when i laugh. So with the chaffing i got from my wonderfully honest friend, and the new motivation to not look like a scary witch. I am going to go get my hair done Saturday and start going to the gym again, cause even though she didn't bring up my GUNT, i know its there.

So, thank you my friend for opening my married, tired eyes, and getting me out of my rut! I think this has been the most motivation i have had to kick my ass back into looking like a normal person (no gunt and not grey), since i had kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment