Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Beer and Condoms

I was at the store the other day, standing in the check out line when i saw a guy a couple people ahead of me buying beer and condoms. He was trying to look inconspicuous but failing because the check out gal was blushing and giggling a little under breath and there were a shit ton of people.

 I smiled, not because I'm a creeper but because it reminded me of when MFKL and i were at the store about a month after Enzo was born. I hadn't yet been put on birth control but was finally able to have sex. So, not wanting to have another baby so f-ing soon(which we did), we did the responsible thing and went to buy condoms and beer and wine and Gardetto's rye chips cause they all go so well together. 

The store wasn't busy, not that it would have mattered buying condoms and alcohol is not embarrassing at all. In fact there is very little that does embarrass me. But the clerk at the register was young and clearly embarrassed for us. I really didn't think anything of the the products we were buying, i was more concerned on getting home and using them all. I did feel bad for the gal though, it took everything she had not to look us in the eye, i could tell she wanted to laugh but somehow restrained the urge.

After she bagged up our items, with a really read face she looked up and said have a good afternoon. I smiled back and said "Now that i have all this, you know it!" She giggled a little and MFKL said "I can't believe you said that" I shot him a look like, you really can't believe i wouldn't say something? He laughed really hard and said "ok, I'm not surprised". Shopping with me is fun! I think that's why MFKL does it all by himself now.

No comments:

Post a Comment