Monday, April 8, 2013

Bonus=Boner


Both my boys call there erections a "Bonus". As in "Look i got a bonus". This all started because my husband, when the boys were little, used to say boner whenever they had one. When Enzo stated to get a little older i told MFKL he needed to start calling it something else. I didn't want little Enzo running around at great grandma's house saying boner!

 A couple weeks went by and i had almost got MFKL to stop pointing out the kids boners, it was very hard for him though because he was so proud of his little boys pee pee's lol, must be a daddy thing. I was changing Enzo's diaper and he said
"Papa, look i got a bonus"
I wasn't sure at first what i had heard, i asked him again what he said and sure enough he said bonus not boner, which was really funny and also something he could say without great grandma getting offended so it stuck. I am still not sure if he forgot the word papa was using or if he had just been hearing it wrong the whole time, but regardless it was funny and something we all started saying.

Since that day we have called all boners, bonus. This has caused some confusion though for the kids. For example, my dad was visiting us a few weeks ago and he was asking about my husbands bonus at work, the extra money he gets from doing a good job. Enzo was very confused. He walked up to me a few minutes after my dad left and he said
"Why was grandpa talking about papa's pee pee? I thought it wasn't polite to talk about other peoples pee pee's" 
This wasn't the only time we had some confusion. MFKL often takes the boys on little adventures with him on the weekends so i can have a little time for myself or catch up on the house work without the kids up my butt. On this day he had taken Enzo with him to the bank. The gal they were talking to had mentioned a bonus if we were to deposit some money or move something around because when they got home Enzo told me that the lady at the bank was talking to papa about his pee pee and was really confused because your not supposed to talk to strangers about your privets. I'm sure you can imagine my suprise and MFKL when he said this, i wish i would have taken a picture of MFKL face when Enzo put forth his information!

This is where that quote came from in my week 2 blog post. Porter was running and poked himself on the corner of the table right in the "bonus".

My family as I'm sure yours, has lots of little inside jokes and sayings, but i have to say this is one of the gems. My sisters now say bonus and so do friends, i think this is one we will be saying even after the boys grow up and quit saying it.


No comments:

Post a Comment