Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My Mom (poem)

She gave me life but made me feel like death.
How can you love someone who sucks the life out of you?
How do you explain the anguish,
The collapse of your being,
The distrust and misery.
She made me feel like it was me.
That this was normal.
This is life, this is my life.
So you distort yourself, you fold,
twist and yield who you are
for the love that should be instinctual.
But, the only instinctual fiber in her being was her betrayal.
Love wasn't something she was capable of portraying.
Her children were burdens, burdens to everyone.
She let her children become deadweight,
because she was a dead beat.
She was a coward
she is a coward
she is my mom.
she is my nightmare
she is my guilt
my pain
my hate.
She is the the cause of the gaping open wound in my heart
the always throbbing always oozing wound.
she is my mom
she gave me life, she made me feel like death.


No comments:

Post a Comment