Sunday, April 7, 2013

Expressing Feelings Can Be Funny

I have been teaching my boys to express themselves verbally. Like if they are happy they should say so, it might make someones day or if they are sad they should speak up so we can do something to make them feel better. It's been working really well and have had less fits thrown.

My youngest Porter was having a hard day last week. Anything and everything Enzo and i did made him more mad. I finally asked Poe if he was grumpy, he of course said yes, so i told him that he needs to tell me when he is grumpy so Enzo and i can be more sensitive around him and give him a little more space than normal so we don't unintentionally make him more mad.

Since this happened, everyday Poe will walk out from his nap and say
"I grumpy"

I ask him everytime why are you grumpy? You don't have to be grumpy, what can i do to make you happy? And this is what he tells me
"I grumpy, I wanna be grumpy, just let me be grumpy!"

This has gotten to the point that i hysterically laugh out load when he says it. I am fairly certain he does it on purpose now to make me laugh. Most of the time he says it now, he is smiling.
This is Poe's grumpy face! He also has tiger scratches on his face from the rose bushes he fell into while we were gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment