Thursday, March 28, 2013

I Can't Sleep Alone!

 I recently came to the conclusion that i can no longer sleep by myself. I think it has been about 7 years since i slept without someone sleeping beside me, pretty much since MFKL and i were dating. MFKL has had to leave a few days at a time here or there maybe a week a couple of times but i always either had my sisters over or my boys, so i had a cuddle buddy.

Let me explain this a little better. We have a family bed, meaning the boys sleep with us most of the time. They have since the day we brought them home. MFKL and i love it most of the time, we have a big bed and love sleeping next to our babies. Most of the time i sleep in between Fire Ball and Beefcake. Which means i have two kids practically sleeping on top me. Some nights it sucks and i can't sleep because i am getting hit in the face or my boobs get pinched or punched, and or catch a knee to the vagina. But i have gotten used to it for the most part and love little hands and arms on my neck and face.

About a week ago i wasn't feeling well and MFKL told me to go take a nap. I laid in bed for a hour in a half and could not fall asleep, i was exhausted and wanted to take a nap but just couldn't. I eventually got up frustrated and cranky because i still didn't feel good and pissed off because i didn't know why i couldn't sleep, sounds wonderful right? This has happened a few times in the past but i guess i never really thought to much about it. I have some insomnia and so i just chalked it up to that.

Yesterday i decided i was going to take a nap with the boys, i decided this after laying in bed with them and got all cozy and warm lying in between them. To be honest i couldn't get out of bed...I was way to damn comfortable and guess what? I feel asleep, immediately. I think i might have even fallen asleep before the kids.This isn't the first and I'm guessing the last time this will happen.

I can no longer sleep by myself!  I'm not sure if i like this or not. I would like to be able to rest or sleep alone every once in a while because i know i would totally be completely rested in very little sleep time.
But at the same time, it makes me feel kinda elated. There is nothing in the world that makes me happier than my boys (also nothing that makes me more angry, frustrated, embarrassed and exhausted). I guess having them next to me is comforting, and relaxing. I guess being kicked in the vagina isn't that bad if i have my boys next to me and i am able to get some sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment